YouVersion Bible App
Here are the most common Bible App questions we hear from the YouVersion community around the world and, of course—their answers:
- How can I use the Bible App during a flight or on the subway? Even if you can’t connect to the Internet or your provider, you can still use the Bible App “offline.” To be able to read offline, sometime when you are connected (Wi-Fi works best), download any available Bible versions you’d like directly onto your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device. Then the next time you can’t get a signal, you can still read. (On iOS devices, you can even use your Notes and Bible Plans offline!)
- I started a plan, but I’ve missed a few days. Can you help? Fallen a little behind on your Bible Plan? Happens to the best of us. In the Bible App, go to Plans, Settings (the gear icon). Scroll down and tap Catch Me Up. Your plan schedule shifts so that the last day you completed becomes yesterday. (Any partially completed days will still be unfinished). It’s easy!
- Can I get my Bible Plan emailed to my Inbox? Sure! In the Bible App, go to Plans, Settings (the gear icon) and turn on Email Delivery. Specify the time of day and the Bible version you’d like to receive. (You can set up email delivery at bible.com too.)
- I’m new to the Bible. Where should I start? Welcome! To jump right in, try John chapter 1, which begins with the life of Jesus and his disciples. Prefer more structure? Go to Plans, Browse, New for a list of recently added Bible Plans. (When you subscribe to a Bible Plan, each day the Bible App shows you what to read.)
- How is the Verse of the Day selected? Drawing from a variety of sources, we choose each Verse of the Day to encourage, motivate, and inspire you, and to let God’s Word speak to you wherever you are. The Verse of the Day appears every day on the main “Today” view of the Bible App and on our Facebook page.
Still have questions? Passionate volunteers are ready to answer. Visit us here.